I spent all day yesterday trying to find a midwifery practice that would take me as a patient. I, so far, have had no success. It was a very discouraging day for me. I thought I had found the way to go. I guess I will just have to go with the ob/gyns that I’ve been seeing.
A homebirth is totally out of the question in my mind. The risks are far too great for me. I am diabetic, attempting a VBAC, and the only hospital nearby is Bon Secours. Now, I am not saying anything negative about Bon Secours. However, they do have a VBAC ban. The only way I would deliver there is if, when the time comes, I don’t think I can hold the baby in to make it to Middletown.
I am, surprisingly enough, not too disappointed about the midwifery thing. Now, when I go in for my ob/gyn appt on Tuesday armed with my birth plan and I’m shot down. Then I may be disappointed. As much as I think these Doctors are “yessing” me, the tables can turn, because I can “yes” them the same way. They cannot force me to do anything. That being said, I have no intention of harming myself or my baby! If there is medical cause for a c-section, so be it. I just want the opportunity to have a God led birth.
I have to say that I am not too thrilled with the Doctors trying to move my due date. In doing so, they are limiting my options. By giving me a due date 9 days sooner, if I go to my original due date of May 1st, to them I will be 9 days overdue! Doctors want to induce, or section diabetic women by 39 weeks at the latest. So, it will be a really big deal if I go to my original due date.
What will be, will be. This pregnancy and birth are in God’s hands. I would appreciate it if you people reading this would please keep praying for the most favorable outcome. I would really love to feel the accomplishment of a vaginal birth.